In this Guide you will learn about:
- Benefits of Meditation ->
- Breathing Meditation ->
- Benefits of Certification ->
- Course Schedule ->
- Course Link ->
- Journaling App Link ->
Benefits of Meditation
Scientific study validated benefits are numerous so can organize them into categories:
- Physical benefits
- Emotional benefits
- Cognitive benefits
- Social benefits
- decreases pain
- increases immune function
- lowers blood pressure
- decreases inflammation at cellular level
- improves breathing and heart rates
- lowers age related brain deterioration
- grows brain regions
- decreases stress
- decreases anxiety
- decreases depression
- improves self-worth and self-acceptance
- increases positive emotions
- increases ability to modulate emotions
- reduces emotional eating and smoking
- improves executive function or self-control
- increases memory retention and recall
- increases grey matter
- increases focus and attention
- improves ability to multitask
- improves creativity
- lowers social anxietymaking it easier to socialize.
- Decreases loneliness
- improves emotional intelligence
- improves listening ability
- improves empathy and compassion
20 scientific reasons from Psychology Today:
76 scienctific reasons with pictures:
There are over a hundred thousand scholarly articles regarding the benefits of meditation:
Give yourself ten minutes.
Sit yourself comfortably.
Have eyes mostly closed.
Can focus on eye below.
Feel your breathing at the rim of your nose.
As you inhale.
As you exhale.
If you get distracted,
go back to the feeling of breath at the rim of your nose
— accomplishing that trains your self-control.
Benefits of Certification:
- Likely will develop a habit for nearly daily meditation, and all the various health benefits that it comes it.
- Everyday Meditation Alumni program allows certified members to attend classes by donation, as long as they maintain a good meditation ratio in their logs. ***
- Once the EEG is available Everyday Meditation Alumni will be able to use it during class to further their practice.
- Everyday Meditation Alumni are eligible for the (Adept) Applying Meditation course — completing Applying Meditation Certification will also make you eligible to become a member of International Association of Meditation Instructors.
The Everyday Meditation course certification can be completed in a season of classes**, though can do a single month and get a proof of partial completion*.
The classes are an hour and fifteen minutes long and are structured as follows:
- home practice review
- introduction to first meditation
- ten minutes of meditation
- sharing of meditation experience
- introduction to second meditation
- twenty minutes of meditation
- sharing of meditation experience
- final questions
The full course will cover the following topics:
- Concentration Meditation(Shamatha and Dhyana)
- Sitting Posture
- Laughter Meditation
- Victorious Breath
- Standing Posture
- Observation Meditation (Vipassana and Vipasyana)
- Walking Meditation
- Minute Breath
- Compassion Meditation
- Oxygenating breath
- Heat generating meditation(tummo)
- Dealing with distractions
- Connecting with subconscious
- Lying Meditation
- Waiting in Line Meditation
- Mantra Meditation
- Chanting Meditation
- Managing thoughtform
- Alpha, Theta, Delta, Beta, Gamma brainwaves
- Optimal nutrition for Meditation
Exact times are available at the course registration page:
Course Times and Registration:
Free Meditation Journalling App:
The app has various brainwave meditations and is the prefered method of journaling in the course, though alternatives using pen and paper are available.
* For the single month’s proof of completion, journalling at least 4 hours sitting meditation and 4 hours mindful activity over at least 20 days of practice is required. Also the passing of one quiz.
** For whole course certification the requirement is to journal at least 12 hours sitting and 12 hours mindful activity (total), over at least 60 days of practice. Also the passing of three quizzes.
*** Attending alumni set a good example of success.